Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Lara's


From the police reports regarding the sexual assaults of Lorena and Alejandra Lara.

On the night of Mark’s arrest 9/6/06, reporting Officer Sandra Rodriguez writes. And I quote:

On 9/6/06 at 1705 hours, I was contacted by Sergeant Michael Polombo #4696 of the homicide unit and asked to respond to the main police station. I was advised my assistance was needed in showing photographic lineups to the victims in this case.

After responding to the main police station, I stood by until a search warrant had been obtained and a photographic lineup was created of suspect, Mark Goudeau.

At 2345 hours, I contact Alejandra and Lorena Lara in their home. I advised them I wanted to show them a photographic lineup, but needed to do it individually.

I began with Alejandra Lara at 2347 hours, while her mother and sister waited outside. I read Alejandra the photographic lineup advisement. She responded “yes” to understanding it.  I then showed her lineup #41527, which included Mark Goudeau in the number 4 position.

Alejandra examined the lineup for approximately 3 minutes before advising “no” to recognizing anyone.

At 2353 hours I contacted Lorena Lara, while Alejandra took her place outside with their mother. I read Lorena the photographic lineup advisement and she responded “okay.”  .  I then showed her lineup #41527, which included Mark Goudeau in the number 4 position.

Lorena examined the lineup for approximately two minutes, before advising “No. I can’t remember.”

Neither Lorena nor Alejandra ever identified Mark as their attacker. Not once.  They told this to several officers, not just Sandra Rodriguez.  However, when prosecutor Susanne Cohen dangled cash at the tune of $1,100 a month for a solid year, Alejandra and Lorena changed their tune and decided, well yes, after all, we will point our retched fingers at Mark.

A lot of money for anyone here illegally, working fast food at a mall.  Hard to turn down, especially for people of this caliber. 

Lorena was the first to testify in 2007 and even though she tried her best, she picked out the “third guy” at the defense table.  Problem with that was that Mark was sitting in between his two attorneys.  Lorena Lara picked out defense attorney, Cary Lacky.

Judge Klein allowed this paid testimony in court.